Green additional borrowing (further advance)
Our Green additional borrowing products will give your clients a lower initial interest rate than our standard additional borrowing product range, to support and encourage retrofit of their homes. To qualify, your client must spend at least 50% of their new advance on energy efficient home improvements.
Features and benefits
- 2 or 5 year fixed rate products at a lower initial interest rate compared to our standard additional borrowing product range
- No product fees
- Loans available from £5,000 to £25,000
- Available up to 90% Loan to Value (LTV).
View the rates available on our product finder.
- Your client must spend at least 50% of their additional borrowing on acceptable green purposes. We may carry out checks to ensure work has been completed.
- Our standard additional borrowing criteria also applies.
Please ensure that a full breakdown of the planned use of funds is documented within your advice notes.
Acceptable Green Purposes
- Solar panels
- Traditional insulation
- Air source heat pumps
- Investment in rain water harvestation
- Windows upgrade/replacement
- Upgrading of existing utilities (low energy electricity/ lighting)
- Pipes and boiler insulation
- Boiler upgrade
- Small scale wind turbines
- Electric car charging stations
We won't accept work which renders the property uninhabitable during installation and upgrades to structure such as replacement of construction elements with modern methods of construction.
Apply for a Green additional borrowing mortgage
Applications for Green additional borrowing are submitted through NFI Online.
If you need any support, or would like to find out more, talk to one of our experienced advisers on Broker Chat.