Welcome to Nationwide's New Build hub, where you'll find information to support you and your New Build clients, including criteria, help videos and top tips. You can also download a summary of this information in our printable guide.
What is a New Build?
Different lenders will have varying criteria as to which properties sit under the definition of a New Build property.
At Nationwide, we define a 'New Build' as a property that has been built, converted or refurbished within the last two years. This includes properties being bought off-plan and those that have been occupied or rented, but are still in the ownership of the builder or developer.
Why choose Nationwide?
At Nationwide, we want to do everything we can to support you and your clients to buy the perfect New Build home. Here’s a few ways we can help:
- Valuations: We instruct your New Build valuation the day we receive your application and we offer free standard valuations on our products. Find out more about our New Build valuation processes
- Offer validity: Offers are valid for 180 days, however we'll consider extending this by 45 days, subject to eligibility. If there are 30 days or less until the offer expires, request an offer extension here.
- Dedicated support: Our specialist New Build support teams and case owners are on hand to answer any of your New Build questions. Get in touch.
- Help to Buy: Equity Loan support: Your remortgage clients will be able to capital raise up to 85% LTV for the sole purpose of paying off a Help to Buy: Equity Loan in full, helping them on their way to full home ownership. Read more about the Help to Buy equity share scheme.
- Affordability: Find out how much your client may be able to borrow by using our online affordability calculator.
- Deposit Unlock: Your first time buyers and home movers may be able to borrow between 90.01-95% LTV to purchase their New Build home with this scheme. Find out more about Deposit Unlock.
We've also gathered some useful information and top tips for you to give to your clients when they're buying a new build property.
*Subject to valuation confirmation. We'll confirm to you that we've extended the offer.
New Homes Ombudsman
The Government has announced new protection for New Build homebuyers with the introduction of the New Homes Ombudsman in early 2021, read more in our news article.Read about the New Homes Ombudsman
New Build criteria
Loan to value This will reveal additional content
Housing schemes This will reveal additional content
Deposit Unlock This will reveal additional content
Construction information This will reveal additional content
Builder deposits/cashback/incentives This will reveal additional content
Building warranties This will reveal additional content
Leasehold terms and ground rent This will reveal additional content
Estate Charges This will reveal additional content
Valuation information This will reveal additional content
New Build cases
New Build guide
If you’d like to download a printable version of the New Build information on our hub, check out our New Build guide which includes the key areas when submitting a New Build case for your clients.
Our site list shows sites that have reached their exposure limit and are closed to Nationwide lending.View our site list
Speed up your applications
Here’s a quick checklist with useful things to remember when submitting a New Build case.Read our checklist
Dedicated support teams
We’ve got dedicated support teams on hand to answer your New Build queries.See how we support you