Registering with Nationwide For Intermediaries
Step 1: To place business with Nationwide For Intermediaries (NFI), you first need to register your details with MTE. Here, you'll set up your password (please use only letters and numbers) and PIN. Once complete, your User ID will display on the screen and will also be sent to you in a confirmation email.
Step 2: Two hours after you receive your confirmation email from MTE, you can use your new details to log in to NFI Online. When you log in for the first time, you'll be invited to complete your registration. We'll update our records within 8 working hours following the submission of your registration and you'll receive a confirmation email once this has been approved. You'll then be able to log in and submit cases through NFI Online.
If you also place Buy to Let business: When registering with NFI, you’ll also be able to register with The Mortgage Works (TMW), our Buy to Let subsidiary. If you choose to register with TMW, you'll receive a separate email asking you to create a password for TMW Online. Once this has been created, you’ll be able to log in and submit cases through TMW Online.
For help with completing your registration, please see our Keying Guide.
Please note: if you’re already registered with NFI or TMW and would like to register for the additional brand, please select ‘Both’ when answering the ‘Which brand(s) are you registering for’ question.
Amending your existing registration details
- Log in to NFI Online
- Select 'Manage my details'
- Select the tab you need: 'Personal details', 'Company details' or 'Submission routes'
Making changes to your personal details
- To update your individual details such as telephone number, email address or office address, select the 'Personal Details' tab.
- To change your name, please contact our Registrations team via Broker Chat.
Making changes to your company details
- To update your address (which is included on Mortgage Illustrations and Offers) select the 'Company details' tab.
- To advise us of a change of company, or if you amend your FCA number, you'll need to complete a new registration by following the above steps.
- To advise us of a change of principal (but your company’s FCA number has not changed), you’ll need to complete a new registration.