Supporting you and your clients affected by coronavirus
Last updated 20 May 2021
Get help with your client's mortgage
We’re committed to supporting our mortgage members who’ve been financially affected by coronavirus. There’s a number of ways we can help.
How you can help us
Our contact centres are experiencing a high volume of calls. You can help us by trying to find the answer to your question in the following ways:
- Check our A-Z criteria for our detailed lending criteria.
- Use Broker Chat from 9am to 5pm for pre-application queries.
- If you have a case in progress, check our dedicated Pipeline applications page for all the latest information
- Get a update on your case on NFI Online, see our Case tracking page or watch a short video to see how to do this
- Check our current service levels
- Check when a Switcher will/has completed on NFI Online. Open the case and at the top of the Case Home screen it will confirm the date the switcher will go/went live.
If you have a case in progress, check our dedicated page for all the latest updates.
Changes to income criteria
You can see our current income criteria including detail about furloughed salaries, zero hour contracts and bonus, overtime and commission.Read our income criteria Read our employment criteria
We have now returned to our pre Covid position for extending offers.
DIP refer cases
We need to underwrite some higher risk cases in more detail. To prevent delays for your clients, please see our key information for DIP refer cases.
We’re continuing to assess and sign off cases using automated and desktop valuations where possible.
Where we’re unable to make contact with the applicant/vendor to arrange a booking date for a physical valuation, we’ll either leave a message or send a text to the applicant or vendor/estate agent.
We have also updated our guidance following the recent government announcements.
95% LTV for first time buyers and new borrowers moving home
Whether your clients are looking to move or buy their first home, we offer a range of 95% LTV mortgages.
We’re also able to accept fully gifted deposits on applications up to 95%.
LTV limit for existing Nationwide borrowers moving home
The maximum LTV is 95%.
Search our A-Z criteria to find what you’re looking for.A-Z criteria
Track the progress of your application using NFI Online, select case tracking for an instant update.Login to NFI Online
Need to talk to us?
If you need further support, please contact one of our experienced advisers on Broker Chat.Use Broker Chat now