Supporting you and your clients through the Coronavirus outbreak
Last updated 1 June 2020
Our Home Support Package
We know that recent developments around Coronavirus (COVID-19) will be concerning for you and your clients.
For our part, we’re putting together a 5 point Home Support Package to help them through this time.
Changes to our services
- For new applications, use Broker Chat or call us from 9am to 5pm.
- For NFI Online technical support:
- Broker Chat is available 9am to 5pm
- For submitted applications:
- Where possible, please use case tracking on NFI Online to get an update on your case. If you can’t get the information you need, you can call us between 11am and 3pm.
- If you need to call us for material changes or completion queries, you can do this between 9am and 5pm.
How you can help us
Our contact centres are experiencing a high volume of calls. You can help us by trying to find the answer to your question in the following ways:
- Check our A-Z criteria for our detailed lending criteria.
- Use Broker Chat from 9am to 5pm for pre-application queries.
- If you have a case in progress, check our dedicated Pipeline applications page for all the latest information
- Get a update on your case on NFI Online, see our Case tracking page or watch a short video to see how to do this
- Check our current service levels
- Check when a Switcher will/has completed on NFI Online. Open the case and at the top of the Case Home screen it will confirm the date the switcher will go/went live.
Our Specialist Support team has dedicated services to help your clients through challenging times. We've introduced mortgage payment holidays for our members who have been affected by Coronavirus, allowing a period of flexibility.
If you have a case in progress, check our dedicated page for all the latest updates.
Changes to income criteria
To reflect the latest government announcements, we’ve updated our income criteria including detail about furloughed salaries, zero hour contracts and bonus, overtime and commission.
Where your client is one month from offer expiry and needs an extension, we’ll allow a three month extension – subject to eligibility criteria and confirmation their circumstances haven’t materially changed.
Valuers are able to carry out physical inspections of properties in England only. We’re awaiting further guidance regarding the rest of the UK and until then we’ll continue to carry out desktop assessments where possible.
Be aware that some criminals are using Coronavirus to trick people into sharing personal or financial information.
Watch out for:
- Cold calls from criminals pretending to be from Nationwide or other respectable organisations.
- Emails that ask you to click on a link to log in, update information, or to access important news.
- Remember that Nationwide will never ask you to move money to a safe account.
- Do not click on links within emails – go direct to the site using the web address you know to be correct.
Search our A-Z criteria to find what you’re looking for.A-Z criteria
Track the progress of your application using NFI Online, select case tracking for an instant update.Login to NFI Online
Need to talk to us?
If you need further support, please contact one of our experienced advisers on Broker Chat.Use Broker Chat now