It's important you refer to our current SLAs throughout your application.
We're doing all we can to support the 90% LTV market and help more people buy their first home. Before you submit an application, it’s very important that you check our lending criteria to prevent a frustrating delay in your case.
Checklist before submitting applications
- Have you ensured that the application fits all the criteria?
- Following DIP, have you received a ‘Subjective Accept’ decision?
- Do you have all the required proofs?
- Have you checked your clients bank statements to ensure that they fit our criteria.
It's important that you check that the application meets all the criteria – if it doesn’t, the application will be declined.
The following criteria will apply to all lending greater than 85%:
- Maximum term of 25 years
- No fully gifted deposits (maximum gift of 25% of the deposit amount)*
- Houses/Bungalows only. No flats/maisonettes/coach house flats or coach houses
- No New Build properties **
- No income from applicants who are currently on furlough schemes – if previously furloughed, they must have returned to work fully and no longer be receiving any element of furlough income
- Maximum loan £500k.
From Wednesday 5 August, we’re making some changes to improve the application process and save you time if it doesn’t meet our criteria. If you submit an application that has a term longer than 25 years, a gifted deposit that is more than 25% of the total deposit amount or the property isn't a house, it will decline at DIP.
*Where the deposit is coming from inheritance, this will be treated as though funds are coming from the applicants own savings.
** A 'New Build' is a property built, converted or fully refurbished, within the last two years, which has never been sold. This includes properties that have been occupied, or rented out, but still in the ownership of the builder/developer. Properties that were built, converted or fully refurbished more than two years ago are not considered New Builds.