It's important you refer to our current SLAs throughout your application.
Before you submit an application, it’s very important that you check our lending criteria to prevent a frustrating delay in your case.
Checklist before submitting applications
- Have you ensured that the application fits all the criteria?
- Following DIP, have you received an ‘Accept’ or ‘Subjective Accept’ decision?
- Do you have all the required proofs?
- Have you checked your clients bank statements to ensure that they fit our criteria.
It's important that you check that the application meets all the criteria – if it doesn’t, the application will be declined.
The following criteria will apply to all lending greater than 85%:
- Maximum term of 40 years*
- Houses/Bungalows only. No flats/maisonettes/coach house flats or coach houses
- No New Build properties**
- No income from applicants who are currently on furlough schemes – if previously furloughed, they must have returned to work fully and no longer be receiving any element of furlough income
- Maximum loan £500k
*Any DIP submitted before 21 January 2021 can be amended to increase the term above 25 years, however this will reprocess the application and may result in a referral to an underwriter, a request for additional information or the application being declined.
** A 'New Build' is a property built, converted or fully refurbished, within the last two years, which has never been sold. This includes properties that have been occupied, or rented out, but still in the ownership of the builder/developer. Properties that were built, converted or fully refurbished more than two years ago are not considered New Builds.
Please note that there is a max LTV of 85% for self-employed applications.