Nationwide Building Society is registered in England number 355B. Registered Office: Nationwide House, Pipers Way, Swindon SN38 1NW.
- Nationwide Building Society is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 106078. You can confirm our registration on the FCA's website www.fca.org.uk.
- All details are correct at the time of publication.
- All products and services are subject to availability and may be withdrawn without notice.
- Terms and conditions of products and services and interest rates may be varied.
- The products and services on this site are available to UK residents only and none of the information on this site is intended for viewing by anyone living outside the UK.
- Nothing appearing on this site amounts to a formal offer to sell any product or service.
- Where this site links to other web sites, Nationwide Building Society accepts no responsibility or liability for their content or accuracy.
- Any dispute arising in relation to this site or anything appearing on it will be governed by English law and the language we will use in our communications will be English.
- Nationwide Building Society may monitor and record any telephone calls for training and security purposes.
- All loans and mortgages are subject to status, valuation and certain restrictions. Property will be required as security. Loans and mortgages are not available to persons under 18 years of age.
- Data Protection Act 1998 – Your personal information will only be processed by Nationwide Building Society for the purposes as notified to the Information Commissioner. You may request a written copy of the details held about you. A fee of £10 is payable. Please write to Data Protection Officer, Nationwide Building Society, Nationwide House, pipers House, Swindon, SN38 1NW.
- BT landline calls to 0845 numbers cost a maximum of 3p per minute. Calls from other networks may vary.
How Nationwide uses your information.
Nationwide Building Society will only collect, process and store information about you that:
- We have openly collected from you or
- We have openly collected from you with your consent
- In addition to this we do log your IP address which is automatically recognised by our Web Server
We will only collect information that is relevant to providing our online service.
We will keep your information while you have a relationship with us and for any retention period that we are legally required to meet.
If, to provide this service, we need to transfer your information to another company, we will tell you.
If you use standard e-mail for communication with Nationwide, information will not be protected in the same way and you should be aware that Nationwide cannot guarantee that it remains confidential whilst in transit.
All e-mail sent to Nationwide will be monitored and checked to ensure our systems operate effectively.
A 'cookie' is a small file which we send to your computer, and which is stored on your browser or hard disk. It allows us to recognise you when you visit the site. It also helps us to recognise your preferences so that we can improve our internet service to you. The ‘cookies’ we use include ‘targeting cookies’ to help make sure the adverts you see on your screen are relevant and useful to you. The 'cookie' does not include personal information such as your name, so your privacy is protected.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you would prefer cookies not to be used, you may be able to set your browser to prevent you from receiving new cookies, notify you before accepting cookies or disable cookies altogether (click "Help" in your browser menu for your browser manufacturer’s instructions). By deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you will still be able to use most of the features on this website.
Google Analytics Notice
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
Yahoo! Notice and Ability to Opt-out
Third-Party Web Beacons: We use third-party web beacons from Yahoo! to help analyse where visitors go and what they do while visiting our website. Yahoo! may also use anonymous information about your visits to this and other websites in order to improve its products and services and provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by Yahoo! please click here.
Browser or Web Browser
There are many web browsers but the most common ones are Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome.
Web browsers are used to locate and display web pages.
IP (Internet Protocol)
All networks connected to the Internet speak IP, the technical standard which allows data to be transmitted between two devices. TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) is responsible for making sure messages get from one computer to another and that the messages are understood.
When you are connected to the Internet you have an IP address. It may look something like this - 184.108.40.206.
If you are a dial-up customer using an analogue modem or ISDN, your IP address will usually change each time you connect to the Internet. This means that you cannot be uniquely identified by your IP address.
The computer which sends web pages to your computer.