First time buyer
Check our definition of a first time buyer
Together we’re supporting first time buyers
Thanks to the significant role you play we’ve helped a record number of people buy their first home. The total of 75,000 first time buyers we’ve helped represents one in five of all first time buyers.*
And we're making £10 billion available to lend to aspiring home owners over the next year. Details of our commitment to first time buyers can be found in our five point Brexit support plan.
We're helping your clients get on the property ladder
- Mortgages up to 95% LTV from our homebuyer product range (on 95% LTV products for first time buyers, the maximum loan size is £250,000)
- Further access to 5% deposit mortgages through our support of affordable housing and government backed schemes
- £500** cashback on all of our £0 and £999 product fee options
- No standard valuation fees
- Help to Buy: ISAs accepted from any lender towards the property purchase price
- 10% annual overpayment allowance on fixed rate products
- No ERCs on tracker products
- Maximum term of 40 years
- Fully portable products helping to clients to move in the future
- Get an indication of how much your client could borrow
*Nationwide Building Society - Full year results 2016/17
**First time buyer cashback eligibility:
- Only one £500 cashback will be paid per mortgage and is payable to your client within one month of completion of the mortgage.
- This cashback offer only applies to customers whose product was reserved on or after 13 May 2015.
- To qualify as a first time buyer your client mustn’t have held a mortgage in the last three years (this includes UK and non UK mortgages).
- All applicants to the mortgage need to be first time buyers to qualify for first time buyerproducts/cashback.