How to submit a case
Applications can be submitted via NFI Online and MTE
How applications can be generated
|Right to Buy||
|Second Property applications*||
|Applications with other mortgages in the background,
including unencumbered properties
|Borrowing in Retirement|
|More than 3 addresses in the last 3 years|
|Applications for loans of £1m or more|
|Non-EEA foreign nationals with indefinite leave to
remain in the UK
|Non-EEA foreign nationals without indefinite
leave to remain in the UK
|Equity Share purchase|
|Armed Forces purchase application, which is
being let from inception**
|Nationwide Building Society staff/pensioners|
|Genuine Bargain Price|
|Rate Switch (Existing borrower)||Restricted Resale Price|
*Where there is, or will be on completion, one or more properties in the background, the case must be keyed as a Second Property application, even if the property being purchased will be your client’s main residence.
**This includes applications where armed forces personnel don't have a UK address and are looking to include a BFPO postcode. Where your client can't provide UK address history, the Ministry of Defence postcode that corresponds to their barracks can be keyed.
Intermediary application exceptions
- Transfer of Equity
- Additional Borrowing
Rate switch exceptions
The following rate switch scenarios need to be submitted as paper applications:
- Where there are more than two applicants on the existing mortgage
- where your client is switching more than four accounts
Submitting my own mortgage or rate switch application
Change of Property Process
If, on behalf of your client, you need to replace details of one property with another during the application process, the original case will need to be cancelled and a new application submitted.
The new application will require payment of a new booking fee, if applicable, and a new product reserved from the rates available at the time of re-application. Refund of your client’s first booking fee, if applicable, will be arranged once you notify New Business that you have submitted their new application. Please note that fee refunds can take up to 2 weeks.
To arrange for the removal of the additional credit score, you can contact one of our experienced advisers on Broker Chat. It can take up to ten days for the score to be removed from your client's record.
Please note when re-entering your client's details at the 'Create Case' stage, NFI Online will pick up that you've keyed a previous case for this client. If you select 'Add to Case' some of the details for this client will copy onto the new case, saving you time.
A new list of case requirements will be generated based on the new application which you will need to provide, more information can be found on our General Criteria page.
The following porting scenarios need to be submitted as paper applications:
- Porting a 25 year fixed rate
- Porting an account with a future dated Product Switch
- Porting if the mortgage term takes the applicant past 75 years old (like for like applications only)
- Porting of 4 or more accounts
- Porting an account where the current mortgaged property is being let out
- Porting of 3 or more applicants (like for like applications only)
Paper based applications and paper DIP process
You can email us outstanding case information for paper based applications, and send requests for paper DIPs, to the following:
- Case information NACMPOSUpdates@nationwide.co.uk
- Paper DIP requests firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via fax number 01604 852 879
Applications for DIPs received after 3pm will be carried over to the following day.
To adhere to PCI-DSS requirements, card payment authorisation must not be submitted via email or fax
Paper applications and supporting information should be posted to
Nationwide Building Society (IPA)
Northampton Service Centre
Kings Park Road
- Products with no product fee will be reserved on receipt of the application form and a cheque or card payment authorisation for the non-refundable booking fee, if applicable. The application form must clearly indicate that a 'no fee' product has been chosen.
- Products with a product fee will be reserved on receipt of the application form, a cheque or card payment authorisation for the non-refundable booking fee, if applicable, and the product fee.
- Products where the product fee has been added to the loan will be reserved on receipt of the application form and a cheque or card payment authorisation for the non-refundable booking fee, if applicable. The application form must clearly indicate that the product fee should be added to the loan.
- Applications received without a cheque or card payment authorisation for the non-refundable booking fee, if applicable, will be returned and no product will be reserved
- Every application received which has critical data omitted which prevents a credit score being performed will be logged and you will receive a telephone call to try and obtain the missing information. If the information cannot be obtained immediately you will be notified that the application will be returned that day with a covering note confirming the reason why.
What happens in the event of a rate change?
All paper applications can be faxed to 01604 852 879 to secure a rate. Please note that to adhere to PCI-DSS requirements, card payment authorisation must not be submitted via fax. Fee payments will be taken separately over the telephone.
If key application information is outstanding which prevents the staff progressing the case to product reservation, the rate will not be secured.
In addition, all paper applications post marked with the date the rate withdrawal notification was received will be honoured if they are fully completed with a valid booking fee, if applicable, enclosed.